Urban Property Expert

Property Services


How it works

When most of our landlords take advantage of our service and benefit from the service, we have found that they never leave us, and instead choose to extend their contracts over and over again. We work hard to consistently retain the best standards in all areas. We are not like high street agents - in fact we couldn't be more different! As we said it's a simple concept - this is how we do it:

  • With all the benefits and guarantees we offer, we pay you a reduced rate.
  • As you can see from the chart, you actually earn more at the end of the month.
  • We become completely responsible for management, with all/any risks.
  • The high end service we offer attracts slightly higher rents
  • We collect the rent, pay you, pay the utilities
  • Our profit is the difference. Simple
  • Our Guarantee to You

  • You will ALWAYS get paid even if the property should be empty.
  • Money will arrive in your bank account on the same day every month.
  • We will never charge you any fees or commission.
  • There will never be any sneaky 'hidden' or 'unforeseen' costs.
  • We will take great care of your property.
  • You will at last have a truly 'Passive Income'
  • Gas Safe

    We will organise this on your behalf and be at the property to meet the engineer. We keep one copy of the certificate and send one to you. This test is a legal requirement to ensure that all gas appliances in a property are safe. It must be renewed annually and there are heavy and serious penalties for not having a valid certificate.


    We will take care of any legal obligations and can help you to comply with all current relevant legislation, ensuring everything is current and up to date. This would include PAT certification, furniture/fire regulations and smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.


    We do not pay a deposit to you but we do take deposits from all our customers which are then secured in a Government backed deposit protection scheme. We use DPS - Deposit Protection Service. This money would be used for repairs if the tenant caused any damage the property.


    As the owner of the property you are responsible for building insurance which usually includes an amount of contents insurance. A residential insurance will not be adequate and you will need either a buy to let policy or a specialist HMO policy. We have public liability insurance. We advise our customers to obtain their own contents insurance.


    Before we take control of your property we would need 2 x proof of ID and proof of ownership of the property.


    Before we take over the property you may decide to obtain an inventory from an independent company. Or if you prefer we can arrange this for you.


    You are welcome to inspect the property at any time by giving us at least 24 hours notice. We also carry out regular inspections and deal with any issues as they arise. We have good relationships with our customers and quickly deal with any issues they may have.


    If you have a mortgage you will have to obtain 'Consent to let'. If we agree to Multi- Let your property, you will need to be on the correct mortgage product. You will need to sign a warranty in our contract to confirm that this is the case. During an on-going contract, allowances should be made for the standard of the property at the start of the tenancy and for fair wear and tear during the tenancy.


    At Your Local Lets we understand the importance of customer service and aim to offer 100% at all times. If however you are not happy with any aspect of the service we offer we will deal with your complaint is an efficient and professional manner. See our complaints procedure.


    We will take care of the management of all maintenance jobs, large or small, on your behalf. Obtaining your permission before any work is carried out and keeping in contact throughout the process. You will receive full invoices for your tax records. Alternatively you can use your own tradesmen if you prefer.


    Should you decide for any reason to terminate the agreement between us, we would need at least 6 months notice. This is because we may have just signed a tenant in on a 6 month AST, and we want to ensure that we can return the property to you in vacant possession.


    If there is ever a time when we have to remove a tenant via the court process (it has never happened to us yet) we will take care of the whole procedure and update you if so requested. This would not affect your monthly payments.

    Contact us

    Landlords: 0203 769 5239

    Email: urbanpropertyexpert@gmail.com


    How it works

    Landlord FAQ

    Contact us

    Tenants: 07486 398398

    Email: urbanlettingsexpert@gmail.com


    Tenants Guide

    Tenant FAQ